A marketing manager is a key role within an organization responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies to drive business growth and promote products or services. They oversee all marketing activities, analyze market trends, identify target audiences, and work closely with cross-functional teams to achieve marketing objectives.
- Location: Markham, ON
- Salary: 73,000 to 90,000 annually (to be negotiated) / 30 to 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Financial benefits
- Vacancies 1
- Bachelor’s degree
1 year to less than 2 years
- Strategy Development: Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies aligned with the company’s goals and objectives. Identify target markets, analyze consumer behavior, and create plans to effectively reach and engage the target audience.
- Campaign Management: Plan, execute, and monitor marketing campaigns across various channels, including digital, print, social media, and events. Manage the creative development process, media selection, and budget allocation to optimize campaign effectiveness.
- Market Research: Conduct market research to identify industry trends, competitor activities, and customer insights. Use data-driven insights to inform marketing strategies, product development, and customer targeting.
- Brand Management: Maintain and enhance the company’s brand image by developing brand guidelines, ensuring consistent messaging and visual identity across all marketing materials. Monitor brand perception and implement strategies to improve brand awareness and reputation.
- Digital Marketing: Oversee digital marketing initiatives, including website development, SEO, SEM, social media marketing, email marketing, and online advertising campaigns. Stay up-to-date with digital marketing trends and leverage digital channels to maximize reach and engagement.
- Team Leadership: Manage a team of marketing professionals, providing guidance, support, and direction. Foster a collaborative and high-performing work environment, promote professional development, and allocate resources effectively.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage marketing budgets, ensuring optimal allocation of resources and monitoring expenses. Track and analyze marketing ROI, campaign performance, and key metrics to measure success and make data-driven decisions.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as sales teams, product managers, and executives, to align marketing strategies with overall business objectives. Coordinate with external agencies, vendors, and partners to execute marketing initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field (Master’s degree is a plus).
- Proven experience in marketing management, with a strong track record of successful marketing campaigns and strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing principles, consumer behavior, and market trends.
- Proficiency in digital marketing channels and tools, including social media, SEO, SEM, email marketing, and analytics platforms.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to gather and interpret data, generate insights, and make data-driven decisions.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Creativity and innovation in developing marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Develop promotional materials
- Market business services
- Plan and control budget and expenditures
- Write and edit press releases, newsletter and communications materials
- Assist in product development and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments
- Direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs
- Direct and evaluate establishments and departments that publicize activities and events on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations
- Establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings
- Plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of Internet and Intranet sites to manage an organization’s Internet presence
- Train and supervise staff
- Initiate and maintain contact with the media
- Answer written and oral inquiries
- Develop, implement and evaluate communication strategies and programs
- Gather, research and prepare communications material
- Co-ordinate special publicity events and promotions
- Prepare or oversee preparation of reports, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, Website content and press releases
- 3-4 people
Experience and specialization
Area of specialization
- Business services
- Market research
- Project management
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Willing to travel
- Mileage paid
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Job reference number
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of thisMarketing manager:
What is a marketing manager?
A marketing manager is a professional responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies to promote products or services and drive business growth. They analyze market trends, identify target audiences, and oversee various marketing activities to effectively communicate a brand’s message and attract customers.
What are the key responsibilities of a marketing manager?
The key responsibilities of a marketing manager include developing marketing plans, conducting market research, identifying target markets, managing advertising and promotional campaigns, monitoring campaign performance, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and analyzing marketing metrics to measure success and make data-driven decisions.
What skills are necessary to become a successful marketing manager?
Successful marketing managers possess a combination of strategic thinking, creativity, analytical skills, and strong communication abilities. They should have a deep understanding of marketing principles, consumer behavior, and market trends. Proficiency in digital marketing channels, data analysis, project management, and team leadership are also important skills for the role.
What qualifications are required to become a marketing manager?
While specific qualifications may vary depending on the industry and company, a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field is typically required for a marketing manager role. Many employers also prefer candidates with relevant work experience in marketing or related fields. Additional certifications in areas such as digital marketing or market research can also be advantageous.
What is the role of a marketing manager in digital marketing?
In the digital age, marketing managers play a crucial role in developing and implementing digital marketing strategies. They are responsible for managing online advertising campaigns, social media marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), email marketing, and website optimization. They also analyze digital marketing metrics and use data insights to improve campaign performance and drive online engagement.
What are the career prospects for marketing managers?
Marketing managers have promising career prospects as they can work in various industries and organizations of different sizes. With experience and a track record of success, they can advance to higher-level positions such as marketing director, chief marketing officer (CMO), or other executive roles. Additionally, marketing managers can also explore opportunities in specialized areas such as brand management, product marketing, or digital marketing.
What qualities are important for a marketing manager to possess?
Effective marketing managers are typically strong leaders who can inspire and motivate their teams. They should be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are crucial for collaborating with internal teams, external stakeholders, and agencies. Adaptability, creativity, and a passion for staying up-to-date with the latest marketing trends are also important qualities for success.
How does a marketing manager contribute to a company’s success?
A marketing manager plays a critical role in driving a company’s success by developing and executing effective marketing strategies. They help build brand awareness, attract and retain customers, and generate revenue for the business. By analyzing market trends, identifying customer needs, and staying ahead of competitors, marketing managers contribute to a company’s growth and profitability.
What challenges do marketing managers face?
Marketing managers often face challenges such as meeting tight deadlines, adapting to rapidly changing market conditions, and managing limited resources. They may also encounter challenges related to targeting the right audience, measuring the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, and keeping up with evolving digital marketing techniques. Flexibility, problem-solving skills, and the ability to navigate these challenges are crucial for success in this role.
How can one become a marketing manager?
To become a marketing manager, it is recommended to pursue a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field. Gaining relevant work experience through internships, entry-level marketing roles, or freelance projects is valuable.