We are seeking a detail-oriented and experienced Housekeeping Supervisor to join our team and oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of our facility. The Housekeeping Supervisor will play a crucial role in ensuring our premises are consistently clean, welcoming, and well-organized.
- Location: Kamloops, BC
- Salary: 28.90 hourly / 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time Day, Evening, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 1
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers
- Inspect sites or facilities to ensure safety and cleanliness standards
- Recommend or arrange for additional maintenance services
- Assist cleaners in performing duties
- Co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Establish work schedules
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Housekeeping supervisor:
1: What does a housekeeping supervisor do?
A housekeeping supervisor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the cleaning and maintenance activities of a facility. They manage housekeeping staff, inspect rooms and common areas, ensure compliance with cleaning standards, and handle guest requests or complaints related to cleanliness.
2: Where do housekeeping supervisors work?
Housekeeping supervisors can work in various settings, including hotels, resorts, hospitals, cruise ships, corporate offices, schools, and residential facilities. Any place that requires cleanliness and organization may employ housekeeping supervisors.
3: What are the key responsibilities of a housekeeping supervisor?
Housekeeping supervisors typically:
- Manage and schedule housekeeping staff.
- Inspect rooms and public areas for cleanliness and maintenance issues.
- Train new housekeeping employees.
- Order cleaning supplies and maintain inventory.
- Develop and enforce cleaning procedures and standards.
- Handle guest complaints or requests related to housekeeping.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Maintain records of room inspections and staff performance.
4: What skills are important for a housekeeping supervisor?
Essential skills for a housekeeping supervisor include strong leadership, excellent communication, attention to detail, time management, problem-solving, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Customer service skills are also valuable for handling guest interactions.
5: Do housekeeping supervisors need formal education?
While a high school diploma or equivalent is typically the minimum requirement, some employers may prefer candidates with hospitality or housekeeping management certifications. Relevant work experience is often more important than formal education.
6: What challenges do housekeeping supervisors face? A: Housekeeping supervisors may encounter challenges such as managing a diverse team, maintaining cleanliness standards during peak seasons, dealing with unexpected maintenance issues, and ensuring staff follow safety protocols.
7: How can one become a housekeeping supervisor?
To become a housekeeping supervisor, start by gaining experience as a housekeeper or in a related role. Showcase your leadership skills and work your way up. Some individuals also pursue hospitality management or housekeeping courses to improve their qualifications.
8: Is this a career with opportunities for advancement?
Yes, many housekeeping supervisors advance to higher positions, such as assistant housekeeping manager, housekeeping manager, or even roles in hotel management. Continuous learning and on-the-job experience are key to advancement.
9: What is the typical work schedule for a housekeeping supervisor?
Housekeeping supervisors often work full-time, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as cleaning and maintenance are required around the clock to meet guest needs.
10: How can a housekeeping supervisor contribute to guest satisfaction?
Housekeeping supervisors ensure that rooms and facilities are clean, well-maintained, and meet guest expectations. Their attention to detail and responsiveness to guest requests directly impact guest satisfaction scores and reviews.
11: Are there professional organizations for housekeeping professionals?
Yes, organizations like the International Executive Housekeepers Association (IEHA) provide resources, networking opportunities, and certifications for housekeeping professionals looking to advance their careers
The post Housekeeping Supervisor Needed In Canada By Ramada By Wyndham Kamloops appeared first on Opinion Careers.