We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Administrative Officer to join our team. The Administrative Officer will play a key role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our administrative functions. This role involves overseeing day-to-day office tasks, managing schedules, coordinating meetings, and maintaining records. The ideal candidate should possess excellent communication skills, strong multitasking abilities, and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Location: White Rock, BC
- Salary: 27.40 hourly / 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 1
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Manage and organize administrative tasks, including handling incoming calls, emails, and correspondence.
- Maintain and update company records, databases, and filing systems.
- Coordinate meetings, conferences, and appointments, including arranging venues, catering, and necessary materials.
- Assist in preparing reports, presentations, and documents as required.
- Support financial activities, including processing invoices, expense reports, and budget tracking.
- Monitor and order office supplies, ensuring adequate stock levels.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining company events, workshops, and training sessions.
- Handle travel arrangements and accommodations for staff members.
- Assist in the recruitment process by scheduling interviews and maintaining candidate records.
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure smooth communication and workflow.
- Handle confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- Provide general administrative support to senior management as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education in business administration or related field is a plus.
- Proven experience as an administrative officer or similar administrative role.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in record-keeping.
- Problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to challenges.
- Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with office equipment and basic troubleshooting.
- Review, evaluate and implement new administrative procedures
- Establish work priorities and ensure procedures are followed and deadlines are met
- Carry out administrative activities of establishment
- Co-ordinate and plan for office services such as accommodation, relocation, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
- Assist in the preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
604-445-8804 Between 12:00 PM and 05:00 PM
14967 Marine DriveWhite Rock, BCV4B 1C3
14967 Marine Drive White Rock, BCV4B 1C3Between 12:00 PM and 05:00 PM
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Administrative officer:
1: What is an Administrative Officer’s role?
An Administrative Officer is responsible for overseeing various administrative tasks within an organization. They handle day-to-day office operations, manage records, coordinate meetings, assist in financial activities, and provide general support to ensure the smooth functioning of the office.
2: What qualifications are required to become an Administrative Officer?
While educational requirements may vary, most Administrative Officer positions require a high school diploma or equivalent. Some roles may prefer candidates with additional education in business administration or related fields. Relevant experience in administrative roles is typically required as well.
3: What skills are essential for an Administrative Officer?
Administrative Officers should have strong organizational and time-management skills, proficiency in office software (MS Office Suite), excellent communication abilities, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills. They should also be able to handle multitasking and work well under pressure.
4: What are the typical responsibilities of an Administrative Officer?
Administrative Officers manage incoming calls and emails, maintain records and databases, coordinate meetings and appointments, assist with financial tasks like invoicing and expense tracking, and provide support to other departments as needed. They may also handle office supplies, assist in event coordination, and help with recruitment activities.
5: What are the benefits of working as an Administrative Officer?
Benefits can vary by company, but they often include health insurance, retirement plans, professional development opportunities, and a supportive work environment. Administrative Officers also have the chance to gain experience in various aspects of office management.
6: Is prior experience necessary to become an Administrative Officer?
While prior experience in administrative roles is preferred, some entry-level positions might consider candidates with strong organizational skills and a willingness to learn. However, having relevant experience can enhance your chances of securing the role.
7: What is the career growth potential for Administrative Officers?
Administrative Officers can progress to higher-level administrative positions, such as Office Managers or Executive Assistants. With the right skills and experience, they can take on more responsibilities and move up the corporate ladder.
8: What is the work environment like for Administrative Officers?
Administrative Officers usually work in office settings, interacting with colleagues, clients, and visitors. The role may involve some time at a desk and occasional meetings or events that require flexibility.
9: How can I prepare for an Administrative Officer role?
To prepare for an Administrative Officer role, focus on improving your organizational skills, communication abilities, and proficiency in office software. Familiarize yourself with common administrative tasks and be ready to demonstrate your multitasking and problem-solving capabilities during interviews.
10: What qualities make a successful Administrative Officer?
Successful Administrative Officers are detail-oriented, proactive, reliable, and adaptable. They possess strong communication skills and can handle tasks efficiently while maintaining a professional and positive attitude.