We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Restaurant Assistant Manager to join our team. The Restaurant Assistant Manager plays a pivotal role in supporting the Restaurant Manager in overseeing daily operations, ensuring exceptional customer service, and maintaining the highest standards of quality and cleanliness. This position requires strong leadership skills, a passion for the restaurant industry, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Location: Winkler, MB
- Salary: 24.00 hourly / 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- Vacancies 1
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Staff Supervision: Assist in the recruitment, training, and supervision of restaurant staff, including servers, cooks, and host/hostesses.
- Customer Service: Ensure exceptional customer service by greeting and assisting customers, resolving issues, and maintaining a welcoming atmosphere.
- Operational Support: Support the Restaurant Manager in managing day-to-day operations, including opening and closing procedures, staff scheduling, and inventory management.
- Training: Train and develop staff members, including ongoing coaching to maintain high service and cleanliness standards.
- Financial Management: Assist in budgeting, tracking expenses, and controlling costs to maximize profitability.
- Inventory Control: Monitor inventory levels, place orders for supplies, and manage stock to prevent waste and shortages.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure food quality, safety, and presentation meet or exceed established standards.
- Health and Safety: Maintain compliance with health and safety regulations, food handling guidelines, and restaurant policies.
- Customer Relations: Handle customer inquiries, comments, and complaints professionally and promptly.
- Problem Solving: Address operational challenges and assist in finding effective solutions.
- Administrative Tasks: Assist with administrative duties, including payroll, paperwork, and reporting.
- Team Collaboration: Foster a collaborative and positive team environment by promoting open communication and teamwork.
- Proven experience in a restaurant supervisory or leadership role.
- Strong understanding of restaurant operations, including food service, customer relations, and staff management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership qualities, including the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Problem-solving abilities and the capability to work effectively under pressure.
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Proficiency in restaurant management software is a plus.
- Certification in food safety or restaurant management is beneficial.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures
- Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
- Conduct performance reviews
- Cost products and services
- Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies
- Negotiate with clients for catering or use of facilities
- Develop, implement and analyze budgets
- Participate in marketing plans and implementation
- Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Provide customer service
- Recruit, train and supervise staff
- 5-10 people
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Parking available
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
175 Roblin Blvd. E. suite 4Winkler, MBR6W 0H2
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Restaurant assistant manager:
1: What does a Restaurant Assistant Manager do?
A Restaurant Assistant Manager assists in overseeing the daily operations of a restaurant. They support the Restaurant Manager in various tasks, such as staff management, customer service, and administrative duties.
2: What are the key responsibilities of a Restaurant Assistant Manager?
- Staff Supervision: Overseeing restaurant staff, including servers, cooks, and host/hostesses.
- Customer Service: Ensuring excellent customer service and addressing customer concerns.
- Inventory Management: Monitoring and managing inventory levels, ordering supplies, and controlling costs.
- Scheduling: Creating staff schedules, managing shifts, and ensuring adequate staffing.
- Training: Training new staff and conducting ongoing training for existing employees.
- Financial Management: Assisting with budgeting, tracking expenses, and maximizing profitability.
- Compliance: Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations and restaurant policies.
- Problem Solving: Handling customer complaints, resolving issues, and addressing operational challenges.
- Administrative Tasks: Handling paperwork, payroll, and other administrative duties as needed.
3: Is a degree required to become a Restaurant Assistant Manager?
A degree is not always required, but relevant experience in the restaurant industry is typically essential.
4: What qualities are essential for a Restaurant Assistant Manager?
Qualities include leadership skills, strong communication, problem-solving abilities, customer service orientation, and the ability to work under pressure.
5: Can Restaurant Assistant Managers specialize in specific types of cuisine?
Yes, some Assistant Managers may have expertise in specific cuisines or types of restaurants, such as fine dining, fast food, or ethnic cuisine.
6: What is the career progression for Restaurant Assistant Managers?
Many Assistant Managers advance to roles like Restaurant Manager or even pursue ownership of their own restaurants.
7: Are there opportunities for advancement in the restaurant industry?
Yes, the restaurant industry offers numerous opportunities for career growth, especially for individuals who demonstrate dedication and strong leadership.
8: What is the role of a Restaurant Assistant Manager in staff development?
Assistant Managers often play a crucial role in training and developing staff to ensure a high level of service and efficiency.
9: How can Restaurant Assistant Managers contribute to customer satisfaction?
They can contribute by ensuring prompt and friendly service, resolving customer issues, and maintaining a welcoming atmosphere.
10: Are Restaurant Assistant Managers responsible for financial aspects of the restaurant?
Yes, they are typically involved in managing budgets, controlling costs, and maximizing profitability.
11: Is the work of a Restaurant Assistant Manager fast-paced and demanding?
Yes, it can be fast-paced, involving multitasking, problem-solving, and working during peak dining hours.
12: Are certifications beneficial for Restaurant Assistant Managers?
Certifications in food safety and restaurant management can enhance career prospects and skills.
The post Restaurant Assistant Manager Needed In Canada By 10040259 Manitoba Inc appeared first on Opinion Careers.