We are seeking a dedicated and motivated Kitchen Helper to join our culinary team. The Kitchen Helper plays a crucial role in assisting chefs and cooks in the preparation of meals, maintaining kitchen cleanliness, and ensuring the smooth operation of our kitchen. This position is an excellent entry point for those interested in a culinary career.
- Location: Winkler, MB
- Salary: 24.00 hourly / 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time Day, Evening, Weekend, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- Vacancies 2
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Food Preparation: Assist in the preparation of ingredients by chopping, slicing, dicing, and measuring as directed by the chef or cook.
- Dishwashing: Wash dishes, utensils, pots, and pans promptly and efficiently to maintain a clean and organized kitchen.
- Cleaning: Maintain the cleanliness of all kitchen areas, including countertops, stovetops, ovens, and floors. Ensure that cleaning schedules are followed.
- Stocking: Restock kitchen supplies, ingredients, and utensils as needed to support ongoing meal preparation.
- Equipment Maintenance: Clean and maintain kitchen equipment and appliances, such as blenders, mixers, and cutting tools.
- Assistance to Cooks: Assist chefs and cooks during meal preparation, including plating dishes and following recipes.
- Waste Disposal: Properly dispose of kitchen waste and recycling in accordance with sanitation guidelines.
- Food Safety: Adhere to food safety and hygiene standards to ensure the safety of food and customers.
- Organization: Keep the kitchen and storage areas organized and tidy.
- Compliance: Follow health and safety regulations, including proper food handling and sanitation practices.
- No formal education is required, but culinary training or coursework is a plus.
- Previous experience as a kitchen helper or in a similar role is beneficial.
- Basic knowledge of food preparation techniques and kitchen equipment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work as part of a team.
- Physical stamina to stand for extended periods, lift heavy objects, and perform repetitive tasks.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to cleanliness and hygiene.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Understanding of basic food safety guidelines is preferred.
- Bring clean dishes, flatware and other items to serving areas and set tables
- Clean and sanitize items such as dishwasher mats, carts and waste disposal units
- Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- Load buspans and trays
- Operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware and flatware
- Place dishes in storage area
- Replenish condiments and other supplies at tables and serving areas
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand
- Keep records of the quantities of food used
- Package take-out food
- Portion and wrap foods
- Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- Serve customers at counters or buffet tables
- Stock refrigerators and salad bars
- Take customers’ orders
- Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Handle and store cleaning products
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Sharpen kitchen knives
- Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Parking available
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
175 Roblin Blvd. E. suite 4Winkler, MBR6W 0H2
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Mechanic helper:
1: What does a kitchen helper do?
A kitchen helper assists chefs and cooks by performing various tasks, such as food preparation, cleaning, dishwashing, and organizing the kitchen.
2: What are the key responsibilities of a kitchen helper?
- Food Preparation: Chopping, slicing, and dicing ingredients, as well as measuring and mixing.
- Cleaning: Maintaining kitchen cleanliness, including washing dishes, utensils, and surfaces.
- Stocking: Restocking ingredients and kitchen supplies as needed.
- Assisting Cooks: Supporting chefs and cooks during meal preparation.
- Organizing: Keeping the kitchen and storage areas tidy and well-organized.
3: Is formal culinary training required to become a kitchen helper?
Formal training is not typically required, but some helpers may have completed culinary courses or apprenticeships.
4: What qualities are essential for a kitchen helper?
Qualities include attention to detail, physical stamina, teamwork, and a willingness to learn.
5: Can kitchen helpers specialize in a specific cuisine or type of kitchen?
Yes, some kitchen helpers gain expertise in specific cuisines or work in specialized kitchens, such as bakeries or seafood restaurants.
6: Are kitchen helpers responsible for food safety and hygiene?
Yes, kitchen helpers must adhere to food safety guidelines and maintain a clean and hygienic workspace to ensure the safety of food and customers.
7: Is the role of a kitchen helper physically demanding?
Yes, the role often involves standing for extended periods, lifting heavy objects, and performing repetitive tasks.
8: What is the career progression for kitchen helpers?
Many kitchen helpers progress to roles like line cooks, prep cooks, or even chefs after gaining experience and culinary skills.
9: Are there opportunities for advancement in the culinary industry for kitchen helpers?
Yes, with dedication and skill development, kitchen helpers can advance to higher positions in the culinary field.
10: Do kitchen helpers work in restaurants only?
No, kitchen helpers can work in a variety of settings, including hotels, catering companies, cafeterias, and more.
11: What is the most rewarding aspect of being a kitchen helper?
Many find satisfaction in contributing to the creation of delicious dishes and being part of a dynamic kitchen team.
12: Are there seasonal variations in the demand for kitchen helpers?
Demand can vary seasonally, with busy periods during holidays and special events.
13: Are there certifications that can enhance a kitchen helper’s career?
Certifications in food safety and sanitation, such as ServSafe, can be valuable for career growth.
The post Kitchen Helper Needed In Canada By 10040259 Manitoba Inc appeared first on Opinion Careers.