We are seeking a skilled and passionate Pizza Cook to join our team and contribute to the creation of delicious, high-quality pizzas. The Pizza Cook is responsible for preparing pizza dough, adding toppings, baking pizzas to perfection, and ensuring that each pizza meets our quality standards. This role requires precision, creativity, and a deep love for the art of pizza-making.
- Location: Winkler, MB
- Salary: 24.00 hourly / 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- Vacancies 2
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Dough Preparation: Mix, roll, and stretch pizza dough to the desired thickness and size, ensuring consistency and quality.
- Topping Application: Add sauce, cheese, and various toppings according to established recipes or custom orders, paying attention to presentation and portion control.
- Baking: Operate pizza ovens and monitor cooking times and temperatures to achieve the perfect crust and toppings.
- Quality Control: Inspect pizzas for quality, ensuring they meet our standards for taste, appearance, and temperature.
- Inventory Management: Monitor ingredient levels and communicate with management to restock supplies as needed.
- Cleanliness: Maintain a clean and organized work area, including pizza prep stations and ovens, adhering to sanitation guidelines.
- Customer Service: Interact with customers, take orders, and provide a friendly and welcoming dining experience when working in a customer-facing role.
- Menu Knowledge: Stay informed about our pizza menu, ingredients, and any specials or promotions to answer customer questions accurately.
- Teamwork: Collaborate with kitchen staff to coordinate pizza orders with other menu items, ensuring timely service.
- Safety: Follow food safety and hygiene protocols to prevent contamination and maintain a safe kitchen environment.
- Creativity: Contribute innovative pizza ideas and variations to enhance the menu and satisfy customer preferences.
- Proven experience as a pizza cook or in a similar role within the culinary industry.
- Strong knowledge of pizza dough preparation, sauce-making, and pizza baking techniques.
- Ability to hand-stretch pizza dough and create visually appealing pizzas.
- Knowledge of portion control and presentation to maintain consistent quality.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a kitchen team.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to cleanliness and food safety.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Certification in food safety and sanitation is a plus.
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Order supplies and equipment
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Manage kitchen operations
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Client focus
- Team player
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Parking available
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
175 Roblin Blvd. E. suite 4Winkler, MBR6W 0H2
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Pizza cook:
1: What does a pizza cook do?
A pizza cook specializes in preparing, cooking, and often, creating delicious pizzas. Their role includes crafting pizza dough, adding toppings, and baking pizzas to perfection.
2: What are the key responsibilities of a pizza cook?
- Dough Preparation: Mixing, rolling, and stretching pizza dough.
- Topping Application: Adding sauce, cheese, and toppings following recipes or customer requests.
- Baking: Using pizza ovens to cook pizzas to the desired crispness.
- Quality Control: Ensuring pizzas meet quality and presentation standards.
- Inventory Management: Monitoring ingredient levels and reporting shortages.
- Cleanliness: Maintaining a clean and organized kitchen, including pizza ovens and workstations.
- Customer Service: Occasionally interacting with customers to take orders or customize pizzas.
- Menu Innovation: Contributing ideas for new pizza creations.
3: Is formal culinary training required to become a pizza cook?
Formal training is not mandatory, but culinary courses or apprenticeships can enhance skills and opportunities.
4: What skills are essential for a pizza cook?
Skills include pizza dough preparation, sauce-making, pizza oven operation, time management, attention to detail, and teamwork.
5: Can pizza cooks specialize in certain types of pizza or cuisines?
Yes, some pizza cooks focus on specific types of pizza (e.g., Neapolitan, deep-dish) or work in restaurants with unique pizza styles.
6: What is the career progression for pizza cooks?
Many pizza cooks advance to roles like head pizza chef or restaurant kitchen management.
7: Are certifications beneficial for pizza cooks?
Certifications in food safety and culinary arts can enhance job prospects and skills.
8: Is the work of a pizza cook physically demanding?
Yes, it often involves standing for extended periods and working in a hot kitchen environment.
9: What is the most rewarding aspect of being a pizza cook?
For many, it’s the satisfaction of creating delicious pizzas that bring joy to customers.
10: Are there seasonal variations in demand for pizza cooks?
Demand can remain relatively consistent, with some variation due to holidays and special events.
11: What role do pizza cooks play in food safety?
They play a critical role in ensuring that pizzas are prepared and cooked safely to prevent foodborne illnesses.
12: Can pizza cooks work in various settings besides pizzerias?
Yes, they can work in restaurants, cafeterias, food trucks, and even create their pizza businesses.
13: Are pizza cooks involved in menu development?
Some pizza cooks have the opportunity to contribute ideas for new pizza creations or seasonal specials.
The post Pizza Cook Needed In Canada By 10040259 Manitoba Inc appeared first on Opinion Careers.