We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Corporate Risk Department Manager to lead our organization’s risk management efforts. The Corporate Risk Department Manager will play a critical role in identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks across various aspects of our business operations. This position requires a strategic thinker with a strong understanding of risk management principles, industry regulations, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Location: Winnipeg, MBRemote work available
- Salary: 60.00 to 75.00 hourly (to be negotiated) / 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment Casual employment: Full time Day
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 1
- Bachelor’s degree
3 years to less than 5 years
- Risk Assessment: Lead the identification and assessment of potential risks that could impact the organization’s objectives, including financial, operational, regulatory, and strategic risks.
- Risk Mitigation: Develop and implement comprehensive risk mitigation strategies and policies to minimize exposure and protect the organization’s assets.
- Compliance: Ensure that the organization complies with all relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards. Stay updated on changes in regulations that may affect risk management.
- Insurance Management: Oversee the management of insurance programs, including the evaluation of insurance coverage adequacy and the coordination of claims.
- Data Analysis: Analyze data to assess risk exposure and trends, providing insights to inform risk management decisions.
- Communication: Collaborate with other departments, senior management, and stakeholders to communicate risk-related information, including risk assessments, mitigation plans, and compliance updates.
- Crisis Management: Develop and implement crisis management plans to address unexpected events or emergencies that could disrupt business operations.
- Audit and Monitoring: Conduct regular risk audits and monitoring activities to evaluate the effectiveness of risk controls and make necessary improvements.
- Reporting: Prepare and present comprehensive reports on risk management activities, risk assessments, and compliance to senior management and the board of directors.
- Team Leadership: Manage and mentor a team of risk management professionals, providing guidance and support in achieving department goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in risk management, finance, business, or a related field; master’s degree or professional certifications (e.g., CRM, FRM) is a plus.
- Proven experience in risk management, including a track record of successfully leading risk management initiatives within a corporate setting.
- In-depth knowledge of risk management principles, industry regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to inform risk-related decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Leadership qualities with the ability to lead, motivate, and develop a team.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Proficiency in risk management software and tools.
- Train, direct and motivate staff
- Assign, co-ordinate and review projects and programs
- Oversee the preparation of reports
- Advise senior management
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Supervise professional and support staff and students
- Leading/instructing groups
- Analyze factors which determine labour market outcomes
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS Office
Area of work experience
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Values and ethics
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Corporate risk department manager:
1: What is the role of a Corporate Risk Department Manager?
A Corporate Risk Department Manager is responsible for overseeing the risk management function within an organization. They develop and implement strategies to identify, assess, and mitigate risks across various business activities.
2: What are the key responsibilities of a Corporate Risk Department Manager?
Key responsibilities include:
- Risk Assessment: Identifying potential risks and vulnerabilities within the organization.
- Risk Mitigation: Developing and implementing risk mitigation strategies and policies.
- Compliance: Ensuring that the organization complies with relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Insurance Management: Managing insurance programs to protect against various risks.
- Data Analysis: Analyzing data to assess risk exposure and trends.
- Communication: Collaborating with other departments and senior management to communicate risk-related information.
- Crisis Management: Developing and implementing crisis management plans.
- Audit and Monitoring: Conducting risk audits and monitoring risk controls.
- Reporting: Preparing reports for senior management and stakeholders.
3: What skills are important for a Corporate Risk Department Manager?
Critical skills include risk assessment, strategic thinking, analytical skills, communication, leadership, and a strong understanding of the organization’s industry and regulations.
4: Is there a specific educational background required for this role?
While there isn’t a strict requirement, many Corporate Risk Department Managers hold bachelor’s or master’s degrees in fields like risk management, finance, business, or a related area. Professional certifications such as Certified Risk Manager (CRM) can also be beneficial.
5: Are Corporate Risk Department Managers in demand?
Yes, as organizations face increasing regulatory and operational risks, the demand for skilled risk management professionals continues to grow.
6: What is the typical career path for a Corporate Risk Department Manager?
Many start in entry-level risk management positions and advance through experience and education. They may move into roles like Risk Analyst, Risk Manager, and eventually, Corporate Risk Department Manager.
7: How do organizations benefit from having a Corporate Risk Department Manager?
Having a dedicated risk management professional helps organizations proactively identify and mitigate risks, protect assets, and maintain regulatory compliance, ultimately safeguarding their reputation and financial stability.
8: Can a Corporate Risk Department Manager help with cybersecurity risks?
Yes, managing cybersecurity risks is often part of the responsibilities, as data breaches and cyber threats are significant risks for many organizations.
9: What industries typically employ Corporate Risk Department Managers?
They are employed in various industries, including finance, insurance, healthcare, manufacturing, and technology.
10: Can a Corporate Risk Department Manager help with risk-related decision-making?
Absolutely. They provide valuable insights to senior management, helping them make informed decisions that align with the organization’s risk tolerance.
11: Is this role limited to large corporations?
No, companies of all sizes benefit from risk management. Smaller organizations may have a Risk Manager who handles similar responsibilities.
The post Corporate Risk Department Manager Needed In Canada By Aplin And Associates Inc appeared first on Opinion Careers.