We are seeking a skilled and passionate Software Developer to join our dynamic team. As a Software Developer, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement high-quality software solutions that meet the needs of our clients and end-users. You will be responsible for writing clean and efficient code, conducting thorough testing, and continuously improving and optimizing applications.
- Location: Toronto, ON
- Salary: 80,000 annually / 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits
- Vacancies 1
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
3 years to less than 5 years
- Willing to relocate
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other developers to understand project requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Design, develop, and maintain software applications and solutions using programming languages such as Java, Python, C++, or others as required.
- Write clean, modular, and well-documented code that adheres to best practices and coding standards.
- Perform thorough testing and debugging of applications to ensure functionality and reliability.
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to identify and address software defects and issues.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and share knowledge among the development team.
- Stay updated with emerging technologies and industry trends to suggest innovative solutions and improvements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide technical support and troubleshoot issues.
- Work in an Agile development environment, participating in sprint planning, stand-ups, and retrospectives.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience as a Software Developer or Software Engineer, with a strong portfolio of completed projects.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Java, Python, C++, etc.).
- Familiarity with software development methodologies and Agile practices.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) and collaborative development tools.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies and tools.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements
- Write, modify, integrate and test software code for e-commerce and other Internet applications
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Willing to travel
- Travel expenses paid by employer
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Software developer:
1: What does a software developer do?
A software developer is responsible for designing, coding, testing, and maintaining software applications. They work with teams to understand user needs, develop technical specifications, write clean and efficient code, and ensure that software applications are functional, reliable, and meet the intended requirements.
2: What skills are important for a software developer?
Key skills for a software developer include proficiency in programming languages (such as Java, Python, C++), problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, strong communication skills, familiarity with development methodologies (Agile, Scrum), and the ability to work collaboratively in a team.
3: What education is required to become a software developer?
Typically, a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field is required. However, some developers enter the field with relevant certifications, associate degrees, or coding bootcamp training.
4: What is the difference between front-end and back-end development?
5: Do software developers only write code?
While coding is a significant part of the job, software developers also participate in other phases of the development process. They collaborate with designers, product managers, and quality assurance teams, conduct code reviews, write documentation, and troubleshoot and debug issues.
6: Is software development a creative field?
Yes, software development is highly creative. Developers need to find innovative solutions to complex problems, design user-friendly interfaces, and create efficient algorithms. Creativity plays a role in every aspect of software development.
7: What is the career growth potential for software developers?
Software developers can advance to roles such as senior developer, lead developer, technical architect, or even move into management positions. Many developers also specialize in specific areas like mobile app development, machine learning, or cybersecurity.
8: Is coding experience necessary to become a software developer?
Yes, coding experience is essential for a software developer. Developers need to be proficient in at least one programming language and have a strong understanding of coding concepts, algorithms, and data structures.
9: How do software developers stay updated with new technologies?
Software developers often engage in continuous learning. They attend workshops, conferences, online courses, and read tech blogs to stay up-to-date with the latest programming languages, frameworks, and tools.
10: What industries hire software developers?
Software developers are in demand across various industries, including technology, finance, healthcare, e-commerce, entertainment, and more. Virtually any sector that requires software applications may hire software developers to build and maintain their digital solutions.