We are seeking a skilled and motivated Logistics Supervisor to join our team and oversee the efficient and effective coordination of our logistics operations. The Logistics Supervisor will be responsible for managing the transportation, distribution, and storage of goods, ensuring timely deliveries, and maintaining inventory accuracy. The ideal candidate should have strong leadership skills, a keen eye for detail, and a solid understanding of logistics processes.
- Location: Winnipeg, MB
- Salary: 25.50 hourly / 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time Day, Evening, Weekend, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 1
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Supervise and lead a team of logistics personnel, including drivers, warehouse staff, and coordinators.
- Plan and organize logistics activities to ensure efficient and timely distribution of products.
- Coordinate and monitor the movement of goods, tracking shipments and ensuring on-time deliveries.
- Collaborate with suppliers, vendors, and transportation partners to optimize logistics operations.
- Maintain accurate inventory records and implement inventory control measures to prevent shortages or overstock.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with safety regulations and company policies in logistics operations.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in logistics processes and implement effective solutions.
- Prepare and present regular reports on logistics performance, including key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Train and mentor logistics team members to enhance their skills and performance.
- Address any issues or challenges that arise during logistics operations and find timely resolutions.
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts with transportation and logistics service providers to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Implement strategies to reduce transportation costs, minimize delays, and enhance overall efficiency.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments to ensure the company remains competitive in the market.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field (preferred).
- Proven experience as a Logistics Supervisor or in a similar logistics management role.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to manage a diverse team.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Proficient in using logistics software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of transportation regulations, compliance, and safety standards.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in managing inventory and logistics records.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data and make informed decisions.
- Valid driver’s license (if required by the role).
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Recruit and hire staff
- Train workers in duties and policies
- Co-ordinate, assign and review work
- Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Logistics supervisor:
1: What does a Logistics Supervisor do?
A Logistics Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating various aspects of logistics operations, including managing transportation, distribution, inventory control, and warehouse activities. They lead a team, monitor shipments, analyze data, and implement strategies to enhance efficiency and reduce costs within the supply chain.
2: What qualifications are required to become a Logistics Supervisor?
While specific qualifications can vary depending on the employer and industry, a bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field is often preferred. Relevant work experience in logistics, strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and familiarity with logistics software are also valuable qualifications.
3: What skills are important for a Logistics Supervisor to have?
Key skills for a Logistics Supervisor include leadership, problem-solving, communication, analytical thinking, organization, and time management. They need to manage teams, resolve logistical challenges, communicate with various stakeholders, and analyze data to optimize processes.
4: What are the primary responsibilities of a Logistics Supervisor?
Logistics Supervisors are responsible for overseeing transportation routes, coordinating delivery schedules, managing warehouse operations, ensuring inventory accuracy, developing and implementing logistics strategies, and analyzing performance metrics to identify areas for improvement.
5: What industries do Logistics Supervisors work in?
Logistics Supervisors are needed across various industries, including manufacturing, retail, e-commerce, healthcare, distribution, and more. Any sector that involves the movement of goods and materials requires effective logistics management.
6: What challenges do Logistics Supervisors face?
Logistics Supervisors often deal with challenges such as unforeseen delays in shipments, inventory discrepancies, coordination issues with suppliers and carriers, and the need to adapt to changing market conditions. Effective problem-solving skills and adaptability are essential to overcome these challenges.
7: How does a Logistics Supervisor contribute to a company’s success?
A skilled Logistics Supervisor ensures that goods reach their destinations efficiently and on time, which is crucial for customer satisfaction and maintaining a competitive edge. They also help reduce costs, optimize supply chain processes, and improve overall operational efficiency.
8: What career advancement opportunities are available for Logistics Supervisors?
With experience and additional training, Logistics Supervisors can progress to roles such as Logistics Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Operations Manager, or even higher leadership positions within the organization. Continuous learning and staying updated with industry trends can enhance career prospects.
9: How can I become a successful Logistics Supervisor?
To excel as a Logistics Supervisor, focus on developing strong leadership skills, staying updated with industry trends, building effective communication skills, fostering collaboration, and embracing continuous improvement. Being proactive, detail-oriented, and adaptable will contribute to your success in this role.
10: What is the job outlook for Logistics Supervisors?
The job outlook for Logistics Supervisors remains positive as efficient supply chain management continues to be a critical aspect of various industries. The increasing demand for streamlined logistics processes and the growth of e-commerce contribute to the steady demand for skilled professionals in this role.